Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] status 202, 205, 219 and 58

2007-02-13 20:25:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] status 202, 205, 219 and 58
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 19:25:40 -0600
On 2/13/2007 11:18 AM, Paul Keating wrote:
> Dunno about the 202, 205 and 58s, but the last few weeks, I've had all
> running jobs fail @ 07:10 on Saturday morning, with a 219, then they
> restart and run fine.
> Logs show some junk about not being able to communicate with the media
> servers, and the robots being offline.
> Almost seems like a network wide simultaneous IP and FC failure, but I
> know that's definately not the case.

All it takes is to lose the network between the master and the media and
you're going to go down the toilet.  The 219 is a storage unit full so
I'm guessing you're writing to a DSSU.  When the DSSU gets full, it
needs to clean up old images.  It can't do that if the master and media
have lost communications.  The 58 is also a communcations error.

Start with fixing the network and the 219s will be better as a result.
6.0MP4 really helped with 219s too btw.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA