Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.0 Upgrade

2007-02-05 04:59:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NetBackup 6.0 Upgrade
From: anas at up.org.qa (Anas Kayal)
Date: Mon, 5 Feb 2007 12:59:59 +0300
I'm currently running NetBackup 5.1 MP5 on W2K3. I have one master
server with Hp MSL 6060 Robotic Tape Library. I have no media servers. I
currently backup from about 32 windows servers and Oracle DB's. I am
planning to upgrade to NetBackup 6.0 very soon do to addition of new Red
Hat Linux 4.0 Machines.

What I need is to know what should I do before going for this upgrade.
Please give as much detail as possible. Whats should I do first and what
not.

Does any migration of data need to be done or catalog migration??

Any links for proper documentation for this upgrade process?

Thanks alot

Anas

This mail has been scanned by Symantec Mail Security for SMTP at UP.ORG.QA