Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Slow restores on Windows Netbackup client

2007-01-31 17:09:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Slow restores on Windows Netbackup client
From: Leidy.Jason at con-way.com (Leidy, Jason D)
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2007 14:09:06 -0800
Is it possible to fine the Netbackup Client for Windows (5.1 MP4) to get
performance during restores? It is taking 3 times longer to restore
large file servers during our DR tests than it takes to back them up. We
have done all the tuning we can do on the master server (running Solaris
9, NB Enterprise Server 5.1 MP4). We have gigabit switches and cards,
and decent servers. Granted we are restoring 2 million plus files on
each Windows file server.