Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backing Up Exchange - Transaction Logs

2007-01-08 11:49:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backing Up Exchange - Transaction Logs
From: brooksje at longwood.edu (Brooks, Jason)
Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 11:49:20 -0500
We've been backing up our Exchange 2K3 server for a while with NBU.
Sometime during last December, something happened that caused Exchange
to stop truncating the transaction log files.  Our initial suspicion was
that the Exchange DB was dirty or inconsistent.  We've restored a full
db backup to a Recovery Storage Group from 1/5.  It's clean.  So now,
though not definite, a dirty db doesn't look to be the case.

Anyone else seen something like this before?  Suggestions from the NBU
end?  We pursued this on the Exchange end so far, and still are.

Thanks,
Jason

Jason Brooks
Computer Systems Engineer