Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO 3 - Windows 2003 SP1 - NBU 5.x poor performance

2007-01-03 16:59:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO 3 - Windows 2003 SP1 - NBU 5.x poor performance
From: mchiapusso at hotmail.com (marco chiapusso)
Date: Wed, 03 Jan 2007 22:59:04 +0100
Hi Guys, still in trouble with LTO3 performance...
I've change everything but it doesn't work!!! oufff
I installed a lot of NBU domain but this time I hate them all!!!

The enviroment it's all Windows 2003 sp1 , 1 master and 4 SAN Media Manager
(clustered)
The tape library it's an IBM 3584 with 4 IBM LTO3, SAN connected

The maximum performance it's about ehm ehm 7 MB/sec ... kill me plz!!!

I have tried all the combination
SIZE_DATA_BUFFERS 256k
NUMBER_DATA_BUFFERS 32 - 48 - 64 -128 -256

MPX 4 - 8
FRAGMENT SIZE 4 MB & 10GB

The funny things it's that I have some optimization of my perfromance from 5
MB/sec to 7 using NUMBER at 64, incrising them upper to 256  no CHANGES!!!

I look to BPTM logs (verbose 5) I find a lot of waited for full buffer...

Now I'm reading something about tape.sys and Maximumsg... changed Maximum to
FF nothing!!!

I'm using IBM tape drivers on windows... all the media server have the same
performance issue..

Any IDEA plz!!!!! Dont' say open a case to support ..!!! LOL

Txs again guys!!!

Usa il tuo PC come un telefono per chiamare cellulari e telefoni fissi!
http://imagine-msn.com/messenger/launch80/?locale=it-it&TAB=2