Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 backing up a 5.x client on another domain

2006-12-27 10:17:09
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 backing up a 5.x client on another domain
From: SJACOBSO at novell.com (Scott Jacobson)
Date: Wed, 27 Dec 2006 08:17:09 -0700
One might assume by "adding" you also changed the 5.x client's master server to
the 6.0 master as well?
What does <install_path>veritas/openv/netbackup/bin/"bpclntcmd -pn" return?

>>> "Justin Curry" <JCurry at epcounty.com> 12/27/2006 6:57 AM >>>

Here is the setup. I have a master server in my domain running 6.0mp4.
Management wants me to backup up a client on another domain. In the other
domain the maser and clients are on 5.x. In the 5.x world I can stop the
backups over there but they want the master server to stay in place for 90
days. When I try and connect to the 5.x client of the 6.0 I get a 59 error. I
have added my 6.0 server names in the additional servers that can access the
client. Any thoughts

Justin