Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How to 'unload' NON-local tape drives?

2006-12-26 10:23:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How to 'unload' NON-local tape drives?
From: bobbyrjw at bellsouth.net (Bobby Williams)
Date: Tue, 26 Dec 2006 10:23:16 -0500
It is not a "problem" with robtest.  Only the robot control host can issue
robot commands.  Robtest is for robot commands.

Bobby.

From: Justin Piszcz <jpiszcz at lucidpixels.com>
Date: 2006/12/26 Tue AM 09:51:07 EST
To: veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

I have a robotic controller host with 2 tape drives attached.
I have 7 additional media servers attached to 2 tape drives each.

I can only unload the first two tape drives via robtest:

unload d11
drive 11 path not specified on command
usage: tldtest -r robotic_path [-d1 Drive_1_Path] ... [-d648
Drive_648_Path]

I know I can use mt/etc on the other media server, but is there a
workaround for this problem within robtest?

Justin.

Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu