Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 Read/Write LTO2

2006-12-19 09:53:01
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 Read/Write LTO2
From: pkeating at bank-banque-canada.ca (Paul Keating)
Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 09:53:01 -0500
you got it.

You've got to configure it as the same "density", ie hcart2, as your
existing drives and media.

I would LOVE to see Netbackup implement a proper hierarchical density
structure to match the common drive types on the market, so it would
automatically know that an LTO3 drive can read and write LTO2 media, and
read LTO media.

Paul