Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] DataDomain ddr460 restorer storage unit setup

2006-12-15 14:14:23
Subject: [Veritas-bu] DataDomain ddr460 restorer storage unit setup
From: KEagle at wilmingtontrust.com (Eagle, Kent)
Date: Fri, 15 Dec 2006 14:14:23 -0500
Hi Jamie,

We've been using a DD460 for a while now with great success.
Compression/de-duplication, or whatever you want to call it, does indeed
get better over time.

One note of caution I'd throw your way is to ensure that your DD460 is
setup properly to send the daily alert summaries and daily auto-support
logs to Data Domain Tech support
(autosupport at autosupport.datadomain.com).

Additionally, support is based on the West Coast of the US. If you're
not in that time zone, I'd strongly suggest you get set up to have the
emails sent to your local support rep as well. We're on the East Coast,
and had a couple bad drives that waited a good deal to get addressed
because of the time differential.

Otherwise, great solution at the price point!

Kent C. Eagle
Systems Engineer, MCP, MCSE
Tech Services / SMSS

Message: 11