Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup Scripting Question (NBU 6.0 MP3)

2006-12-12 14:47:46
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup Scripting Question (NBU 6.0 MP3)
From: Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com (Ellis, Jason)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2006 11:47:46 -0800
CJ,

On the client there should be in the
install_path\veritas\netbackup\bin\goodies directory two scripts:

bpstart_notify.cmd & bpend_notify.cmd

bpstart_notify.cmd is called by the bpbkar32.exe process before the
backup starts and is given by default 300 seconds (5 minutes) to
complete. You can use this script for a varity of functions. After the
backup has been completed bpbkar32.exe calls the bpend_notify.cmd script
and again is given 300 seconds to complete.

If you check the NetBackup System Administrator's Guide for Windows,
Volume II starting on page 167 it lists all the scripts and how to use
them.

Regards,

Jason Ellis