Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Question posed to ACSLS/STK8500 users.

2006-12-08 12:41:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Question posed to ACSLS/STK8500 users.
From: jfielden at aegonusa.com (Fielden, Joshua)
Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 12:41:30 -0500
> Yeah, its either 120 or 180 seconds I believe, what is yours set to?

10 mins is what we set to, and never have a problem with the same
library.

On Fri, 8 Dec 2006, Hampus Lind wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Do you have umount delay set? It takes some time for tapes to travel
> within the SL8500, especially if they need to take the elevator.
>
> Do you have the latest microcode/firmware on the drives and the
library?

I want to echo that. They've released firmware rather recently that
*greatly* improves traffic-routing within the library. Also make sure
you're running the latest and greatest ACSLS patches -- they go hand-in
hand to improve operation times. As an example of the speed-ups, we
patched in mid-September, and our daily vault ejects started taking 50%
of the time they had taken, for the same number of tapes.

Cheers,

jf