Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Replacing Media Server

2006-12-07 10:50:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Replacing Media Server
From: david.clooney at bankofamerica.com (Clooney, David)
Date: Thu, 7 Dec 2006 15:50:50 -0000
 With Simon on 5.1

bpimage: -newserver <name> -oldserver <name>

Changes all images that where backed up by the old server to reflect the
new server.

Have migrated a media server recently with no issues.

You will need to move your media too

bpmedia -movedb -m <media_id> -newserver <hostname> [-oldserver
<hostname>] [-v]

This will populate your local mediaDB on you new media server.

If I was you I would change names when moving as if not all the above
would be irrelevant and you would have to manually copy the mediaDB etc.

Regards

Dave