Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] multiple backups now failing after upgrade to 6.0MP4...seems more like a DOWNgrade so far....

2006-12-04 19:59:45
Subject: [Veritas-bu] multiple backups now failing after upgrade to 6.0MP4...seems more like a DOWNgrade so far....
From: neil at mbari.org (Conner, Neil)
Date: Mon, 4 Dec 2006 16:59:45 -0800
I work in a lab environment too so I feel your pain...

I hate to say this, but you may have jumped the gun going to 6.0.

Netbackup officially supports clients that are 1 rev behind the master - this
means that if you have a problem with backups or restores, support won't get
involved.

Your HPUX 10.20 clients are running 3.4 - that's 3 revs behind your master now.

This is what has kept us from upgrading from 4.5 to 5.1 up till now -we finally
got rid of the last of the HPUX 10.20 clients a month ago and so we'll be
upgrading to 5.1 shortly.

Best of luck!
Neil