Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 netbackup server RAM

2006-10-26 08:49:19
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003 netbackup server RAM
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 08:49:19 -0400
If I'm not mistaken, Windows Applications can only use up to 3GB (with
David's Boot switch, below) and any memory usage after that has to be
done with Address Windowing Extensions (AWE) where the application
itself bypasses the given 3GB Virtual Address space and writes pages
directly to RAM.  I've only worked on systems this large for SQL
Clusters, and there's pretty specific configuration changes I had to
make to make it happen, which I took directly from Microsoft
documentation.

I can't seem to find any information on support.veritas.com either,
perhaps this needs a support call?

-Jonathan

PS:  You are running Windows 2003 Enterprise correct?  Or Datacenter?
Standard doesn't support 32GB of RAM!