Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 6.0 advantages?

2006-10-25 14:13:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 6.0 advantages?
From: Brandon.Zermeno at Pulte.com (Brandon Zermeno)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 11:13:40 -0700
In an environment with multiple media servers you only have to recover
the Master in a DR. This allows us to be up and recovering any server in
the 2 hours it takes to recover the catalog. If a media server is needed
for throughput you can do a basic install of Veritas on it and be up and
running. With all the data on the Master the media servers do not need
any data recovered to be functional. I like the way it auto restarts
failed jobs, but it bit me last night when a job tried to run 5 times
and now I have 23 failures on the report for 1 server.