Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Tape not mounting

2006-10-25 07:13:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Tape not mounting
From: dave.markham at fjserv.net (Dave Markham)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 12:13:40 +0100
Netbackup 4.5mp6 on Soalris 8.

I have 2 LTO drives in my system but a backup just fails to mount a tape
in the first drive and just downs it. I have no idea why and cant see in
the logs. I have log level set to 4 and have been looking in the bptm
log but dont see anything obvious.

There is nothing in the drive also like a stuck tape.

Where do i look to find if the drive is at fault or not?

Some info below taken while the backup had started. The Drive was Up
originally.

tpconfig -d

Index DriveName              DrivePath                Type    Shared   Status
***** *********              **********               ****    ******   ******
  0   HPUltrium1-SCSI0       /dev/rmt/0cbn            hcart    No       DOWN
        TLD(0) Definition       DRIVE=1
  1   SEAGATEULTRIUM06242-XX /dev/rmt/1cbn            hcart    No       UP
        TLD(0) Definition       DRIVE=2

Currently defined robotics are:
  TLD(0)     robotic path = /dev/sg/c3t0l0,
             volume database host = iraya

vmoprcmd

                                PENDING REQUESTS

                                     <NONE>

                                  DRIVE STATUS

Drv Type   Control  User      Label  RecMID  ExtMID  Ready   Wr.Enbl.  ReqId
  0 hcart  DOWN-TLD             -                     No       -        -
  1 hcart    TLD    root       Yes   0172L1  0172L1   Yes     Yes        0

                             ADDITIONAL DRIVE STATUS

Drv DriveName            Shared    Assigned        Comment
  0 HPUltrium1-SCSI0      No       -
  1 SEAGATEULTRIUM06242-  No       iraya

sgscan tape

/dev/sg/c3t1l0: (/dev/rmt/0): "HP      Ultrium 1-SCSI"
/dev/sg/c3t2l0: (/dev/rmt/1): "SEAGATE ULTRIUM06242-XXX"

ls -l /dev/rmt0

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         43 Sep  8 17:35 /dev/rmt/0 ->
../../devices/pci at 8,700000/scsi at 3,1/st at 1,0:

ls -l /dev/sg/c3t1l0

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     other         46 Apr 12  2006 /dev/sg/c3t1l0 ->
../../devices/pci at 8,700000/scsi at 3,1/sg at 1,0:raw

echo "s d" | tldtest -r /dev/sg/c3t0l0

Opening /dev/sg/c3t0l0
Enter tld commands (? returns help information)
drive 1 (addr 128) access = 1 Contains Cartridge = no
SCSI ID from drive 1 is 1
drive 2 (addr 129) access = 1 Contains Cartridge = yes
Source address = 193 (slot 2)
Barcode = 000172L1
SCSI ID from drive 2 is 2
READ_ELEMENT_STATUS complete