Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrate media server platform

2006-10-25 04:55:15
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrate media server platform
From: david.clooney at bankofamerica.com (Clooney, David)
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 09:55:15 +0100
 Ian

If I was you, I would install new media server and then

- use bpmedia -movedb -m <media_id> -newserver <hostname> [-oldserver
<hostname>] [-v]
  on media associated to old media server to  reflect  new media server
  on media associated with old media server , this then changes all
images on selected media to reflect new media server alleviating the
need for
  FORCE_RESTORE_MEDIA_SERVER = $media_server

Regards

Dave