Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Veritas NBU 6.0 MP3 on HP-UX 11.23 v2 IA backups don't start either manual or from schedule without an error

2006-10-24 22:53:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Veritas NBU 6.0 MP3 on HP-UX 11.23 v2 IA backups don't start either manual or from schedule without an error
From: mark.eisenhardt at gmail.com (Mark Eisenhardt)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 22:53:28 -0400
I don't know whay is causing this, but I've performed the same install and
at the first site everything works fine.
The second site I can not get any backups to start.

I"ve unistalled NBU with the following:

bp.kill_all
vxlogcfg -r -p 51216
create_nbdb -drop only  (This returns can not ping server, server
unavailable) then says NBDB successfully removed
Remove everything under /usr/openv

Perform the reinstall
install all licenses
install options software
install MP 3 packs

configure the library
create the storage volumes with bringing the tape into the library
create a backup policy for the master server
select manual backup, (and nothing happens... no error nothing shows up in
the activity monitor)

Any Ideas ??????

Thanks,

--