Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] batch files for SQL database restore

2006-10-24 10:33:47
Subject: [Veritas-bu] batch files for SQL database restore
From: SSSekhon at VASC.com (Sekhon Simrat S.)
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2006 10:33:47 -0400
I have a constant need to restore our SQL database on the production
server to the test SQL server. SQL database is backed up every night
with Netbackup SQL policy. I have been using dbbackex.exe command in a
batch file to restore the database from the most recent backup. The
problem is that every night the database backup image name changes and I
have to update the batch file. Any other suggestions on how this restore
can be automated so that the most recent backup of the database is
restored?

Thanks.

Simrat S. Sekhon

Information Services