Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Alternate Client Restore Error ......

2006-10-18 19:42:56
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Alternate Client Restore Error ......
From: jbdonga at ucdavis.edu (Janardhana Babu Donga)
Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 16:42:56 -0700
I don't have an idea how my netbackup admin fixed it. My sysadmin told
me that she did several changes at the netbackup server and also
modified the bp.conf file. After each change was made, I was asked to do
the testing, and finally it worked.

Mike,

If everything on the netbackup server is OK, and if you just use the
following syntax in the allocate channel command at RMAN promnpt, it
should work.

Run {
allocate channel t1 type 'SBT_TAPE';
send 'NB_ORA_SERV=<netbackup ServerName>,
      NB_ORA_POLICY=<Backup Policy/Class Name>,
      NB_ORA_CLIENT=<alternate client Name where you will be
restoring>';
restore controlfile TO
'/usr/local/oracle/oradata/rtprod/cntrl2rtprod.ctl';
}

-- Janardhana Babu