Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Networking / client issue?

2006-10-17 13:34:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Networking / client issue?
From: dsixbury at hrblock.com (Sixbury, Dan)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 12:34:44 -0500
I have been having an issue with one of my clients backing up getting a
54 Error.  I tried some basic network troubleshooting, like checking the
duplex, which was fine and also made sure that port 13782 is listening
on the client.  All of that seemed fine, and if I am on the client, I
noticed that I can telnet client 13782 which works fine.

Going to the master server and telnet client 13782 gives the following

# telnet client-host 13782
Trying 10.10.x.x...
Connected to client-host.
Escape character is '^]'.
gethostbyaddr: Error 0
Connection to client-host closed by foreign host.

Suggestions on what else to try?

Thanks,
Dan