Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring backups which have alerady expired

2006-10-17 07:20:57
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring backups which have alerady expired
From: marcus_lebisk at hotmail.com (Marcos DeLima)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:20:57 +0000

Wessan,

I friend of mine just gave the clue.
What you need to do is to go the CATALOG (NBU 5.1) and on the top you will find
a combo, there select IMPORT (ACTION/you might have verify and duplicate as
well). Give details in order to find you tapes/bkups images. As soon as you
find the images, click 1st over initiate import by right clicking, after all
the processes done, go over these images again and right click over IMPORT.
When these processes are done, you must find the restores again in the catalog.

My Direct email is marcus_lebisk at hotmail.com, fell free to email directly.

Regards

Marcos deLima

Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:16:17 +0200From: WAly at Mobinil.comTo: veritas-bu at
mailman.eng.auburn.eduSubject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring backups which have
alerady expired

Hey all,
I am in a big problem and need help urgently.
I have two backup policies for 2 critical databases dated 19th of Sept. with 2
weeks retention. I urgently need to retore it now however this backup has
ofcourse already expired so I cannot see it in the restore window.
Is there any way to retrieve the records for this backup and restore it ?
Thanks !
Wessam Aly Senior UNIX & Storage Systems Admin. HPUX-CSA Certified Systems
Administrator *******IMPORTANTConfidentiality: This e-mail communication and
any attachments thereto contain information which is confidential and are
intended only for the use of the individuals or entities named above. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, distribution or the taking any action in reliance on the contents of
these documents is strictly prohibited and may be illegal. Please notify us of
your receipt of this e-mail in error and delete the e-mail and any copies of
it.Monitoring/Viruses: Mobinil may monitor all incoming & outgoing e-mails in
line with current legislation. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this
e-mail and attachments are free from any Virus, we advise that in keeping with
good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus
free.The Egyptian Company for Mobile Services (Mobinil) www.mobinil.com*******