Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Restoring backups which have alerady expired

2006-10-17 05:16:17
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Restoring backups which have alerady expired
From: WAly at Mobinil.com (Wessam Aly)
Date: Tue, 17 Oct 2006 11:16:17 +0200
Hey all,

I am in a big problem and need help urgently.

I have two backup policies for 2 critical databases dated 19th of Sept.
with 2 weeks retention. I urgently need to retore it now however this
backup has ofcourse already expired so I cannot see it in the restore
window.

Is there any way to retrieve the records for this backup and restore it
?

Thanks !

Wessam Aly
Senior UNIX & Storage Systems Admin.
HPUX-CSA Certified Systems Administrator

*******
IMPORTANT

Confidentiality: This e-mail communication and any attachments thereto contain
information which is confidential and are intended only for the use of the
individuals or entities named above.  If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution or the
taking any action in reliance on the contents of these documents is strictly
prohibited and may be illegal.  Please notify us of your receipt of this e-mail
in error and delete the e-mail and any copies of it.

Monitoring/Viruses: Mobinil may monitor all incoming & outgoing e-mails in line
with current legislation. Although we have taken steps to ensure that this
e-mail and attachments are free from any Virus, we advise that in keeping with
good computing practice the recipient should ensure they are actually virus
free.

The Egyptian Company for Mobile Services (Mobinil)
www.mobinil.com
*******