Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] 3 Schedules in 1 policy - Monthly has ran twice

2006-10-16 11:37:08
Subject: [Veritas-bu] 3 Schedules in 1 policy - Monthly has ran twice
From: bob944 at attglobal.net (bob944)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 11:37:08 -0400
> All
> NBU 5.1 MP2 Win2k3 + 2 SAN MEdia Servers
>
> Last week, I setup a policy to contain the following:
>
> Weekly Full Schedule
> Weekly INCR Schedule
> Monthly Full Schedule
>
> The Monthly Schedule has been set for Calendar, and ONLY to
> run on selected
> dates that I ticked (which shows a green tick).
>
> The Monthly and Weekly Windows are set exactly the same timeframe.
>
> I cannot think as to why this may have happened, because I
> set my other
> policies the same way, and their monthly ran last weekend,
> and this weekend,
> the weekly full schedules ran!
>
> Does anyone have any ideas what could be wrong here?

Simon, could you supply the information necessary to understand what
you've configured (bpplsched's output at a minimum) and restate your
problem (is it "Monthly has ran twice" or "this weekend, the weekly full
schedules ran," on which machines, when were their prior automatic or
immediate backups, ...

We don't yet know what the policies did that you didn't expect, but
since you said

> The Monthly Schedule has been set for Calendar, and ONLY to

implying that others were frequency-based, did you forget that the
manual, and many articles on this list, tell you not to mix calendar-
and frequency-based schedules?