Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?

2006-10-16 09:40:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] symantec and VERITAS merger good or bad?
From: simon.weaver at astrium.eads.net (WEAVER, Simon)
Date: Mon, 16 Oct 2006 14:40:28 +0100
Just to add to this, today I ended up raising a Symantec call - got given a
case number, but rather than wait 8 hours, I decided to email them the
nbsupport, log files, more detailed information about our configuration,
where the EOM Status 84 messages are appearing, what I have done to resolve
it.

I got a call back within 1hr 30 mins saying thanks for the excellent
detailed info, and got straight onto the case.

I have to say, if I had not done my own investigation work / input /
troubleshooting techniques, who knows how long the call would have remained
in the queue.

So all in all, not bad - sadly, they have not found the root cause of the
EOM error, and its even baffling them now! But that is what I am paying
for... A Service! Good or bad, I am sure everyone is going to have mixed
feelings about this topic.

Regards

Simon Weaver
3rd Line Technical Support