Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NOM Hardware Requirements

2006-10-13 11:47:28
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NOM Hardware Requirements
From: john.nardello at wamu.net (Nardello, John)
Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2006 08:47:28 -0700
Couple of quick things that'll hopefully provide someone some ideas of
what to expect.

I've got it running on an older test box (v480) with Solaris 10. 4 900
MHz CPUs, 16 GB memory. I'm monitoring three NB 6 servers and the load
on my NOM server usually looks like:
        load averages:  0.24,  0.22,  0.18
        58 processes:  57 sleeping, 1 on cpu
        CPU states: 95.7% idle,  1.9% user,  2.4% kernel,  0.0% iowait,
0.0% swap
        Memory: 16G real, 13G free, 655M swap in use, 21G swap free
(first few lines from a top)
This is a server doing nothing else but running NOM.

>From what I can tell, both the database back-end to NOM and its web
interface will require some decent horsepower to keep users happy with
the results.

Hope this helps somewhat.
- John Nardello