Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] error 71

2006-10-12 11:27:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] error 71
From: cjmanders at lbl.gov (Christopher Jay Manders)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 08:27:36 -0700
Hi Steve,

We have so many clients that we see this one every once in a while.

The usual problem is that a filesystem that is in the File List for the
policy becomes unmounted, changes mount location, mount point becomes
stale, or the area to be backed up is deleted by the client.

My suggestion is to take the policy file list and go line-by-line
through them to assure that everything in them is actually on each
client in that policy. If any one does not exist, then you will get that
error.

Output from 'bperror -U -client <client_name> -problems' may be of help
in finding the actual area that is not being found.

Hope that helps.

Cheers!

--Chris