Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Keeping tape mounted between backups

2006-10-12 10:26:07
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Keeping tape mounted between backups
From: Michael.Sponsler at ngc.com (Sponsler, Michael)
Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2006 10:26:07 -0400
All,
Is there a way to have netbackup keep the tape in drive of a robotic
library?  I'm doing hourly backups of the Oracle Archive Log, and the
tape gets unmounted and put back into it's slot after the backup is
completed.  Is there a way to tell netbackup to keep the tape in the
drive until the tape is full?  We did that with Legato, and now the we
have moved to netbackup we are concerned about the wear and tear on the
tape drive.  Since it's constantly mounting and unmounting the same
tape.

--
Mike Sponsler
Northrop Grumman