Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Has anybody used Aptare?

2006-10-10 15:12:40
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Has anybody used Aptare?
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:12:40 -0500
* Dave Brown <dbrown at worknetinc.com> [2006-10-10 13:27]:

> Thanks for the info,  I will call and get the demo

One thing I will add.  Storage Console (Aptare) does have a GB/Month
detail, which also includes GB duplicated.  We are currently working
through with them to figure out exactly what that means.  We have
recently come across a difference of opinion about what the report
_does_ show .vs what it _should_ show.  It _does_ accurately show the GB
backed up in a month, and all GB duped for the same client in that
month, but it's only as good as the data NetBackup supplies.  The main
issue is with Virtual tape being used for staging.  If you do NOT want
that data to be counted, that has not been completely ironed out yet.

Again, not a bad thing, you just need to have a good feel for what
questions you _really_ want to answer.  You will get a lot farther if
you can do that up front.  Vague questions are hard to respond to.

Incidentally, you said you were using Bocada.  Why are you now looking
at Aptare?  Is there something you need that it can't do?

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com