Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Has anybody used Aptare?

2006-10-10 14:24:14
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Has anybody used Aptare?
From: ckstehman at pepco.com (ckstehman AT pepco DOT com)
Date: Tue, 10 Oct 2006 14:24:14 -0400
We have been using Aptare since 2004.  We have been quite pleased with it.
 It give much more information than the
Advanced Reporter product. (We will be validating NOM as we migrage to
Netbackup 6.0.  So the jury is out on that
for now.

 It works in real-time by the use of agents that run on the master
server(s) that feed
data about the backups, tapes, storage units, etc to a portal that stores
data in an Oracle database.  The GUI
provides an interface to the database for graphical display of
information.  Aptare supplies SQL scripts that can
create text reports that can be e-mailed to whomever.  We use it on a
daily bases to creagte reports we use
for SOX reporting.

=============================
Carl Stehman
IT Distributed Services Team
Pepco Holdings, Inc.
202-331-6619
Pager 301-765-2703
ckstehman at pepco.com

"Ellis, Jason" <Jason.Ellis at indymacbank.com>
Sent by: veritas-bu-bounces at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
10/10/2006 11:49 AM

veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu
cc

Subject
[Veritas-bu] Has anybody used Aptare?

We're looking at possibly purchasing Aptare and are wondering if anybody
has used it before. It supposedly pulls data "real-time" from the
environment, and I'm curious as to how it accomplishes this.

http://www.aptare.com/storageconsole_overview.jsp

Currently we have Bocada (http://www.bocada.com/index.php), a base
install and haven't really started going into it and actually
customizing the application to suit our needs.

Any input on Aptare would be appreciated. Thanks!

Jason

Veritas-bu maillist  -  Veritas-bu at mailman.eng.auburn.edu

This Email message and any attachment may contain information that is
proprietary, legally privileged, confidential and/or subject to copyright
belonging to Pepco Holdings, Inc. or its affiliates ("PHI").  This Email is
intended solely for the use of the person(s) to which it is addressed.  If
you are not an intended recipient, or the employee or agent responsible for
delivery of this Email to the intended recipient(s), you are hereby notified
that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this Email is strictly
prohibited.  If you have received this message in error, please immediately
notify the sender and permanently delete this Email and any copies.  PHI
policies expressly prohibit employees from making defamatory or offensive
statements and infringing any copyright or any other legal right by Email
communication.  PHI will not accept any liability in respect of such
communications.