Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Bad tapes how do you track?

2006-10-05 10:26:20
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Bad tapes how do you track?
From: JMARTI05 at intersil.com (Martin, Jonathan (Contractor))
Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2006 10:26:20 -0400
We use both methods here.

If  media has images on it, I freeze it, eject it from the robot, put a
sticky on it that says "BAD MEDIA - Destroy after (recycle date) and
send it offsite.  If a media goes bad when writing its first image I
have a "BAD" Volume Pool I move it to, and I periodically clear this
from the ATL.

-Jonathan