Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Migrating from L100 to SL500

2006-10-04 04:25:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Migrating from L100 to SL500
From: aarti.shenoy at its.ws (Aarti Shenoy)
Date: Wed, 04 Oct 2006 11:25:21 +0300

Hello Everybody:

We are in the process of deploying a new library in our production and DR
NetBackup environment. The current environment consists of a single NBU
Master/Media server (SUN Fire 480/Solaris9/NBU v5.1 MP4) & SUN L100.
We will be migrating to an SL500 (SCSI interface) with 2 LTO3 drives.

Does anyone have any recommendations regarding the proper steps to move
media from out of one library and into a new library while still maintaining
the catalog information of the existing tapes? (Export?)

Appreciate any cautions to be taken care of...

Thanks in advance,

Warm Regards,
Aarti Shenoy