Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP3 - backups not scheduled; nbpem hangs and does not terminate gracefully

2006-10-03 19:36:36
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP3 - backups not scheduled; nbpem hangs and does not terminate gracefully
From: ewilts at ewilts.org (Ed Wilts)
Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2006 18:36:36 -0500
On 10/3/2006 11:39 AM, Vassileff, Glen wrote:

> RE: NBU 6.0 MP3 - backups not scheduled; nbpem hangs and does not
> terminate gracefully
>
> Has anyone come across the issue below?

I've posted about this issue many times.

> Looks as it fixed the issue last time. Is there a proper, permanent fix?

There are post-MP3 binaries available from Symantec - log a call and see
if they're applicable to your environment.

There is not yet a collection of patches to MP3 that fix all of the
critical issues.  We're still working with Engineering and the releases
are getting better, but we're still babysitting NBU daily and opening
new calls on a regular basis.

        .../Ed

--
Ed Wilts, Mounds View, MN, USA