Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP3 - backups not scheduled; nbpem hangs and does not terminate gracefully

2006-10-03 12:39:05
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0 MP3 - backups not scheduled; nbpem hangs and does not terminate gracefully
From: glen.vassileff at sun.com (Vassileff, Glen)
Date: Wed, 4 Oct 2006 02:39:05 +1000
RE: NBU 6.0 MP3 - backups not scheduled; nbpem hangs and does not terminate
gracefully

Has anyone come across the issue below?
After upgrading to NBU 6.0 MP3 we are experiencing problems:
 * backup are not scheduled (probably caused by nbpem process hanging)
 * nbpem daemon does not terminate when stopping Netbackup (bp.kill_all).

We found a work around - kill -9; then delete all LOCK files under bpsched.d
directory.
Looks as it fixed the issue last time. Is there a proper, permanent fix?