Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] help adding tape drive

2006-10-02 15:17:30
Subject: [Veritas-bu] help adding tape drive
From: stumpb at michigan.gov (Bob Stump)
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2006 15:17:30 -0400
I have NetBackup 6.0 MP3 on Solaris 10

I am trying to add 2 tape drives to the already existing 6 tape
drives.
I have a support call opened to symantec but I am witing for their
normal 4 hour response time.
Please take a look and see what is wrong with this EMM stuff and
why is the masterserver coming back null?

Here is the error message I am getting in the debug log
(/usr/openv/volmgr/debug/tpcommand/log.event) when I try to add the
drive via tpconfig

15:06:01.074 [578] <16> emmlib_GetDeviceList: (0) MasterServer = null,
MachineName = daffyduck

Here  is the syntax I am using
sudo tpconfig -add -drive -type hcart2 -path /dev/rmt/6cbn -asciiname
STK9940B_0212_6 -index 6 -shared yes -drstatus UP -robot 0 -robtype acs
-robdrnum 2 -ACS 0 -LSM 2 -PANEL 1 -DRIVE 2
failed adding drive index 6 of type hcart2 to configuration
Cannot add drive: The EMM server failed to process the request