Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] How do I make only one duplicate of a backup image using bpduplicate?

2006-09-29 15:31:21
Subject: [Veritas-bu] How do I make only one duplicate of a backup image using bpduplicate?
From: skirkpatrick at ghx.com (Steve Kirkpatrick)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 13:31:21 -0600
Hello,

I have NetBackup 6.0MP3 running on Solaris (in case it matters).

I am trying to figure out how to duplicate my Full backup images, but only
once.  On the NetBackup server, I had to set "Maximum backup copies" to 3 in
order to write out DSSU-based backups to both a Full pool (on-site) and a
Duplicate pool (off-site).

I have another set of Full backups that does not use the DSSU, they are written
directly to the Full pool.  Now, when I periodically run bpduplicate to
duplicate these backup images to the Duplicate pool, it does it twice on
successive runs.  The first time it creates copy 2 and the 2nd time it creates
copy 3.  Is there an easy way to tell it I only what one copy of the backup
image?

I have some ideas on how I can script around this but I was hoping there was an
easy way built into the product.  Maybe I am missing an option?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Steve.