Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Client Hostnames

2006-09-29 12:44:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Client Hostnames
From: Eric.Hillman at blackrock.com (Hillman, Eric)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 12:44:02 -0400
Thanks for all of your replies.  This has been a very interesting and
helpful thread.  I may have found one issues when using aliases however.
Can anyone confirm that you CANNOT use an alias of the server name when
backing up an Exchange server/cluster?  From what I'm reading, the
netbackup client needs to reference the Exchange application using the
actual hostname used when installing Exchange in order to successfully
access the specified storage groups.  This would mean that the actual
hostname of the box needs to be added to the Netbackup Policy and not a
"-backup" hostname.  Hopefully, this would be the only case that an
alias cannot be used.  Thanks!