Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Stuck tapes survey

2006-09-29 09:15:16
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Stuck tapes survey
From: jlightner at water.com (Jeff Lightner)
Date: Fri, 29 Sep 2006 09:15:16 -0400
Assuming robtest works that's how we do it.

I have seen occasions where physical intervention was required so we had
to have an operator or someone power cycle the drive (or even fish the
tape out).  No matter whether it is robtest or any other way its
important to verify the NBU inventory is still OK.  If you put it in a
different slot than original it won't be and some failures cause NBU to
think the tape is "offsite" (i.e. not in the robot).   One thing I like
about robtest is the "s d" will show not only which drive the tape is in
but also the slot from which it originally came.