Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Cap loading funny.

2006-09-26 15:32:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Cap loading funny.
From: dsixbury at hrblock.com (Sixbury, Dan)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 14:32:02 -0500
We're running Netbackup 5.0 on Unix.  We occasionally get the following
when trying to load tapes into the library.  Any ideas on what would
cause this issue?

Thanks.
Dan

"auto empty media access port request rejected by tldcd, Cannot move
from media access port to slot"

No exact pattern - sometimes if cap is loaded with 20 tapes, it will
load none and other times it will load just a few.  Sometimes waiting an
hour or so or until the next day, the tapes may load fine without issue.