Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to disable manual backups during the daytime

2006-09-26 14:35:44
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to disable manual backups during the daytime
From: jroyer at digitalmotorworks.com (Joe Royer)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:35:44 -0500 (CDT)
Extend the window of jobs that can run during the day, and use
bpdbjobs -restart  (or right click Restart in Activity Monitor)
instead of
bpbackup -i  (or Manual backup in the policy window)

Any jobs whose window has closed will fail again, possibly polluting
your success report, but you won't need to worry about load on clients.
Also, depending on your tries setting, failed jobs will probably
automatically retry this way.

Cron is reasonable too.