Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] how to disable manual backups during the daytime

2006-09-26 14:21:41
Subject: [Veritas-bu] how to disable manual backups during the daytime
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 13:21:41 -0500
* Bobby Williams <bobbyrjw at bellsouth.net> [2006-09-26 12:17]:
> Why don't you go into your schedules that are UBAC (user backups) and
> have the start window only open for after hours?
>
> You can search to see what policies have schedules of type UBAC by
> using bpplsched.

The issue isn't User-Initiated, it's immediate jobs started by an admin.

Setting global retries to 0 won't do it, we use that for DR to keep
scheduled things from running, but manual stuff still goes.

Deactivating the policies would work, but it's dangerous.  What happens
if the cron job fails to re-activate the policies?

Not sure what else would work off the top. :-(

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com