Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] System State backup failure revisited -- did anyone get any answer

2006-09-26 07:33:18
Subject: [Veritas-bu] System State backup failure revisited -- did anyone get any answer
From: james.c.siano at lmco.com (Siano, James C)
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2006 07:33:18 -0400
Hello:

When I run a class full of Windows 2003 servers on the weekend, I get
multiple severs with a failed SYSTEM_STATE job.  I then rerun them
manually (system state stream) and everything comes through fine.

Only when scheduled do these things intermittently bomb out -- but not
all hosts.

In search of this forum's archives, I see other people had the same
problem but no resolution is provided in follow up threads.

Class is set to capture ALL DRIVES and multistreaming is set.  My system
is NBU 5.0 MP6.

My wintel clients are client 5.0GA.  I have searched the Veritas
downloads site for a corresponding NBU 5.0 MP6 32-bit client but search
was futile.

Please advise -------------- but not directly to my email----but to the
forum....

Please help.