Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Small files FS backup too slow

2006-09-24 04:31:29
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Small files FS backup too slow
From: smpt at peppas.gr (smpt)
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2006 10:31:29 +0200
Use multiple data streams. Make a file list splitting the directories of that
drive letter to 10 streams (ore more).
Back them up together.

The better way to deal with this is to implement advanced client. It will
backed up this drive as a row drive (fast) and will give you the opportunity to
do individual file restores.