Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Windows 2003, NBU 6.0MP3, VTL, Media Mount Timeout

2006-09-22 03:09:50
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Windows 2003, NBU 6.0MP3, VTL, Media Mount Timeout
From: mirko_nbu at mac.com (mirko_nbu AT mac DOT com)
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2006 09:09:50 +0200
Paul,

we speek about a VTL, not backup to disk or something similar. If the data is
not in the VTL cache, the VTL will pull the data from fc attached tapes by
itself... NetBackup only sees virtual tape drives, regardless of where the data
is stored!

... staging the data in to the VTL cache may take a couple of minutes (10),
leading to the described phenomenon... and timeouts do not really work...

M.