Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Exclusion lists - How to list all on server

2006-09-20 16:45:02
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Exclusion lists - How to list all on server
From: dave-bu at graniteweb.com (David Rock)
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 15:45:02 -0500
* "Koster, Phil" <pkoster at ci.grand-rapids.mi.us> [2006-09-20 16:21]:
> For those keeping track, I am trying to audit our back up policies (NBU
> 6 MP2 on Win 2K Srvr).
>
> I have almost everything except I can not find out how to list all the
> excluded directories or files.  I would like them all in one nice neat
> clean list or at least somehow CLI so I can parse it.
>
> Any thoughts other than I am stuck doing this one server at a time
> through the GUI?

This one gets beat to death on the list.  :-)

Basically, yes and no.  For Windows clients, you can use bpgetconfig to
retrieve Exclude data. ( bpgetconfig -M client ).  For UNIX clients,
it's a little more complicated.  You need to be able to collect all the
exclude_list.* files in /usr/openv/netbackup to see what is excluded.
You can try using bpdir to verify _if_ there are exclude files and then
use scp or some other method to get the contents.

--
David Rock
david at graniteweb.com