Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] LTO3 throughput on Vault/Duplication jobs

2006-09-19 12:26:43
Subject: [Veritas-bu] LTO3 throughput on Vault/Duplication jobs
From: liddles at amgen.com (Liddle, Stuart)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 09:26:43 -0700
I think we are licensed per TB on the VTL....not per drive.

Our rationale in doing the multiplexing to the VTL was to increase
throughput to the VTL for backups.  We CAN increase the number of virtual
drives instead and then do single streams to the VTL and avoid the
de-multiplexing during the duplication step.

However, we are seeing lightning-fast read speeds off of the VTL regardless
of the fact that it is multiplexed (around 130MB/sec).

So, I'm still concerned about the speed with which we write out to the
physical tapes.....not sure where the bottleneck is...but there definitely
is a bottleneck.

  _____