Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Netbackup and VMWare Licencing

2006-09-19 12:12:52
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Netbackup and VMWare Licencing
From: Jonathan.Dyck at cognos.com (Dyck, Jonathan)
Date: Tue, 19 Sep 2006 12:12:52 -0400
FYI (here's what I got straight from the monkey's mouth... ;-)

Maybe this clears something up?  Haven't been following this thread
really...

Cheers,
J _D_

{Paul, I shed the JR when the old man retired ;)

==========================
MULTIPLE DOMAIN OR VIRTUAL MACHINE SYSTEMS

NetBackup components (servers, clients, and database agents) for UNIX,
Windows, NetWare, and Linux are each licensed

once per physical machine. If a physical machine runs multiple Operating
Systems and Databases, then the physical machine

requires one NetBackup component for each Operating System and Database
type. Please note that this policy supersedes

previous licensing policies that were communicated before the date of
this document.

Exception: NetBackup Clients installed on IBM zSeries (OS/390) should be
licensed once per virtual machine. This is an

exception to the standard NetBackup policy of licensing clients once per
physical machine.