Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0MP3 poor performance

2006-09-18 16:29:04
Subject: [Veritas-bu] NBU 6.0MP3 poor performance
From: MTremblay at arbinet.com (Tremblay, Mark)
Date: Mon, 18 Sep 2006 20:29:04 -0000
I've been reading some of the threads here about slow performance and I
was wondering if anyone else had seen a significant slow down after
going to 6.0 and using RMAN.

We backup about a 4.5TB database every night using RMAN integrated with
NBU.  There are 4 channels (aka tape drives) SSO mounted so data travels
over the SAN.  Prior to 6.0 we were on NBU 4.5 and saw around 50MB/sec
per tape drive with rather large data streams.  The backups of the DB
hovered around 4-5 hours.   Directly after the upgrade - the throughput
was down to 25MB/sec and the backup times have doubled or tripled.

I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced such a dramatic slow down
when backing up large data in this type of environment.

Thanks,

--

-Mark Tremblay