Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] Backup Shadow Copy Components:\

2006-09-15 12:38:59
Subject: [Veritas-bu] Backup Shadow Copy Components:\
From: Richard.Mickle at mwrms.rrd.com (Richard.Mickle AT mwrms.rrd DOT com)
Date: Fri, 15 Sep 2006 11:38:59 -0500
I just fixed the same problem here.  As it turns out, the problem we had
was that we had Xeon processors in our x64 system.  These where not
supported until 5.1 MP 4.  I had to uninstall all patches, and the 5.1 GA
client, then install the client again using the winnt.x64.exe file for MP
4.  Since doing that, I no longer get the error 13 on the Shadow Copy
Components:\ directive.

> Hi All,
>
> We have a strange problem,
>
> client = Windows 2003 x64
>
> Netbackup = 5.1 MP1
>
> We get error 13 while backing up the FS on the server, the backup does
not
> even begin, it just waits for first write and then times out. The beauty
is
> that the SQL backups are working notrmally.
>
> Any suggestions know fixes....!

Richard Mickle
UNIX Systems and Storage Administrator
Moore Wallace Response Marketing Services
An RR Donnelley Company
E-Mail:         Richard.Mickle at mwrms.rrd.com
Phone:        920-339-1695
Cell Phone: 920-366-1987