Veritas-bu

[Veritas-bu] problems with VTL StorageTek solution ?

2006-09-14 13:54:06
Subject: [Veritas-bu] problems with VTL StorageTek solution ?
From: hampus.lind at rps.police.se (Hampus Lind)
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:54:06 +0200
Hehe... Cool article.. But I don't know how much of it that?s true... I am
talking to both SUN and HDS for the moment and none of them has mentioned
this. I will ask them about it.

I have also heard that VSM open will be killed and that SUN will go with
Falconstor instead.
But regarding to my sells guy at SUN, they sells people haven?t got the word
that they will kill VSM open, so they speculate in that it will come later
on instead. I don?t know what to believe for now..
I know Diligent is on the market, while falconstor and VSM open aren?t. So
if you want de-dup function today, you have to look at diligent or perhaps
data domain, but that?s a different story.

However, I have looked at both diligent and falconstor, and for now I think
I would go with diligent.. What do you guys think??

Hampus Lind
Rikspolisstyrelsen
National Police Board
Tel dir: +46 (0)8 - 401 99 43